PMP Certification stands for Project Management Professional and it is a global credential offered by Project Management Institute.There are now 583,806 active PMP certified individuals and around 300chartered chapters active in 193 countries worldwide. PMP Certification is one of the best recognized accreditation for managers and senior executives which stands guarantee for their professional ability to plan, lead, and take ahead a project toward its success. A PMP certification ensures about the education, experience, and expertise of the certified professional for project management. With this professional qualification professionals can enjoy extremely rewarding professional growth and higher salary in their category.
Who should apply for PMP certification process?
Fresh MBA aspirants and junior level managers as well as senior level managers should apply for PMP certification for solidifying their working level of expertise. This professional certification will work as three-in-one package for the participants: it will improve efficiency eleven, it will add a global exposure in terms of credibility, and it works as a gateway for extremely rewarding financial career.
PMP Eligibility Overview
In order to apply for PMP, you must have qualifications like:
- A secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree, or the global equivalent) with minimum 5-year experience in project management 7,500-hour track record for leading and guiding projects and 35- hour duration for project management education.
- A 4-year degree (bachelor’s degree or the global equivalent), at least 3-year experience in project management with 4,500-hour track record for leading and guiding projects, and 35-hour of project management education.
- With all these requisite professional eligibility, a professional can apply for PMP accreditation subject to his agree andobey to a Code of Professional Conduct and pass the PMP Certification Examination.
PMP Project details
The Project Management Framework embodies a project life cycle and five major project management Process Groups:
- Initiating a project-13%.
- Planning for the project-24%.
- Executing the project-30%.
- Monitoring and controlling the workflow of the project-25%.
- Closing of the project-8%.
There are 10 knowledge process areas which are mapped by this 5 process groups. These knowledge process areas are
- Project Integration Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
The popular Project Management Certification.
Earning a professional project management certification is indeed a great achievement. However, the entire course is quite laborious and demands extreme effort. Therefore it is extremely important to select a course module that suits the current expertise plan of professional as well as it suits her future plan. However, in these course modules none of the certificates serve as a precondition for another course module. The most popular modules on PMP certification are:
- Certified Associate in Project Management CAPM
- Projects Management Professional PMP,
- Program Management Professional PgMP,
- Portfolio Management Professional PfMP,
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner PMI-ACP,
- PMI Risk Management Professional PMI-RMP,
- PMI Scheduling Professional PMP-SP,
- OPM3 Professional Certification
Benefits of PMP certification
PMP Certification offers manifold professional benefits and the benefits may vary from one professional to another. However out of all benefits these 4 benefits are the prime that help in getting extra premium mileage for PMP certified professionals.
- Contribute in getting higher billing rate:Education and experience usually drive the base rate of a professional, but adding PMP certificationto portfolio can also help in bump up the dollar value of a PMP certified professional’s service.
- Opens door for new opportunity: Having a PMP certification or other project management certification often makes the variance n whether or not a potential client is eager to meet with him.
- The accreditation establishes Credibility: a PMP Certification is indeed a tough title to acquire; however, the designation denotes a high-level professionalism and credibility, which instantly boosts the professional credibility of a PMP consultant.
- Offers global recognition:Hiring PMP-certified professional is now specificallyadvantageous to global organizations because they can refer the ISO 17024 certification.
1. A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge: PMBOK(R) Guide by Project Management Institute
2. PMP Exam Prep, Eighth Edition: Rita’s Course in a Book for Passing the PMP Exam by Rita Mulcahy
3. The PMP Exam: How to Pass on Your First Try, Fifth Edition by Andy Crowe PMP PgMP
4. PMP® Examination Practice Questions for the The PMBOK® Guide,5th edition. by Sean Whitaker
5. PMP: Project Management Professional Exam Study Guide by Kim Heldman