Are we as learning facilitators really riding the wave of change that has finally hit the shores of learning?
A couple of learning facilitators brainstormed to conceptualize how does the 21st century learning facilitator look like and decided on the following:
- Love learning
- Value each individual learner
- Be continuously learning
- Openness to new methods/ technology
- Adaptability to change
- Research orientation
- Ability to motivate learners
- Ability to diagnose learning needs and select appropriate learning goals
- Ability to research
- Ability to curate / select/ adapt / create/ customize learning material
- Ability to create a learning environment
- Ability to facilitate learning
- Ability to assess learning
- Ability to use new technology to aid learning
- Ability to evaluate new developments in the field and assess their viability to aid learning
- Ability to apply own learning to their practice
- What motivates people?
- How people learn?
- Various methodologies and technologies to aid learning
- Subject matter expertise
Lovely Kumar, Chief-Projects, Larks Learning Pvt Ltd., “What does the 21st century learning facilitator look like? ”, Retrieved on “01-Nov-2011”, https://larkslearning.wordpress.com/2011/08/18/what-does-the-21st-century-learning-facilitator-look-like/